Wednesday, June 28, 2006

TRIP DOWN 'MOM'ORY LANE...

So, it's been a year and a couple days since Mom past away... She passed away June 26, 2005... I haven't really taken any time to meditate on this and spend a moment to feel... to miss... to have a moment of nostalgia... Perhaps now is not the best time... I hope to find some down time to get to do this... To do visit Dad in Rose Hills and to do something in memory of Mom...

Thought I would post a few picts. of Mommy just to look at...




This is about a month prior to Mom passing away on May 30, 2005... Mom was fun-loving and kid at heart!!! I really miss the laughter and kidding around that went on when the family came together...




Mom suctioning Dad on May 7, 2004.... She was such a devoted, committed, loving and loyal woman...



Mom used to sell vegetables in front of a storefront that sold ducks... Here she poses in front of a line of ducks waiting to be eaten... 8/15/04 (celebrating Quoc's birthday before they head off to Vietnam as a family)...



Some of my most precious memories are pictures like these when I got to be physically close to Mom. It's interesting how we don't want to be physically close to our Mom's when they are around, but now I would give sooo much just to have another moment cheek to cheek with her... (8/15/04)



How cuter can my Mom and Sis Judy be... Here they are trying to be coy posing for a picture with my camera phone... (8/15/04)



JUST MOM... I LOVE MOM... SHE CAN MAKE PEOPLE FEEL WARM, LOVED, CARED FOR AND JUST SMILING FROM THE INSIDE OUT...


Otherwise, today was good... I was really depressed at home. I was really focused at work. I multitasked and pulled together many projects, from setting a new Doctor up at the Men's Wellness Center to continuing to monitor National HIV Testing Week to working at the Men's Wellness Center to pulling together timesheets and documents for payroll to interviewing for a Korean TV station to promote National HIV Testing week, HIV Testing, awareness and education. I wasn't feeling particularly articute today, so it was a challenge to interview in front of a camera. I got stage fright and froze on one of the questions. It's ok...

Otherwise, I am home right now continuing to downgrade the trashed room from all the clutter I've collected... It looks about 35% better... I would like to continue minimizing... I ran across a phrase I believe is a title in one of my blogs that I may be Powerless over drugs and alcohol, but I am certainly not Helpless. There is HELP if I actively seek it out...

So today's mantra is I am powerless, not helpless... I am powerless, not helpless... Here's to one more day clean and sober. Chatty Cathy is trying to make Quoc Quazy!!! My head is talking and my hormones are all over the place... I need to continue trudging and doing stepwork to work these crap out of my system...

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home