Friday, April 14, 2006

LIVING ON BORROWED TIME...





Hey Folks... Sorry it has taken me sooo long in getting back to y'all! It's been an amazing adventure in life for me since I've last blogged. I am very much grounded on the principles of living in gratitude, living in the moment, replacing my character defects with assets, being of service to those that I cross paths with... More importantly, I have been able to do the following, honor my needs and ask for what I want, set boundaries, saying "no" to others (saying yes to me), no being judgemental to myself, seeing the perfection in my progress, and looking in the mirror and identifying with the description of what you see in me: a loving, compassionate, patient, loyal, sexy, cute, fun, funny, and all around great guy to hang around with.

In the past month, I have had the opportunity to see a program I manage blossom into a great success! I get to take ownership in contributing to that success! I got to go on vacation to Hawaii (specifically the Island of Oahu). I spent more than 1/2 of my 6 nights in Hawaii in the rain, but I enjoyed the time off immensely! I came very close to relapsing... Goes to show how cunning, baffling, and powerful my disease of addiction can be... My Sponsor reminds the slippery actions I did showed my disrespect for the disease; my lack of gratitude for the sobriety that I have; and forgetting that this disease is progressive, terminal and fatal! It wants me dead, but it will settle for me miserable. The gift is that I got to be present through all that has arisen in the past month... And what was shared are only highlights from my life in the past month!!! I am sooo abundantly blessed! I am very clear on knowing that I am living on borrowed time… God asks me what I am doing with the moments that I get to be alive... And here is the huge lesson I have learned lately, being quiet with myself, doing absolutely nothing is TAKING CARE OF MYSELF! Moments of respite is being productive because I am giving myself time to regroup and reconnect with the truth of who I am, what I should be doing and be grateful for the gifts of my life.

So there you have it in a nutshell… I am doing good… I have a little over a month before I turn 3 years clean and sober! That in itself qualifies me as a miracle! E-mail me your thoughts sentiments yeah? I’d love to hear from those who read this blog….

Warmest Regards,

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home