Wednesday, September 28, 2005

DEATH OF FRIEND... SUPPLEMENTAL

The following is a response to a friend who e-mailed and asked how I was doing...

Things are ok... I have been having such a bad attitude about life in the past week or sooo... Then I went to a meeting tonight and find out that someone that I know died in the past week. They found his body this afternoon in Long Beach. Apparently, he had been missing... My first reaction was to go to pity pot and cry and be sad...

Then solution kicked in and reminded me that the best thing I can do to honor his death is to live my life as fully as possible! I got grateful for the simple things that I have. My friend didn't get to live today, horrible, good or otherwise. He didn't get to open his eyes, breathe in life and well... LIVE! So, I really got grateful in the past 2 hours for the life that I have and am gonna try to reaffirm to really live up every waking moment that I am granted... I know this feeling will pass and I will forget, but I am sure my Higher Power will give me another friendly reminder, when my alcoholic head forgets...

So, if I responded 3 hours ago, I would've complained about all the things that are going on in my life. Within the past 2 hours, I have been really grateful for the opportunity to experience and live life. What a difference a moment makes.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger the last noel said...

I'm sorry to hear about the sad death of your friend. YOur strength is an inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home