Monday, November 01, 2004

4 PATIENTS!!! Yayee!!!

Exciting stuff... I am able to be a part of a clinic that has helped 4 more patients today! Hoorah for the Men's Wellness Center. An ingenius idea! How am I feeling today? I had a full day. I woke up at about 6:05 AM to leave by 7 AM to purchase my bus sticker for the month. I give thanks for the ability to pay for my own bus sticker. Yesterday, I went to a cool meeting in the evening! At 6 PM, there were over 30 guys huddled in the courtyard of plummer park in west hollywood for a meeting. It was windy and cold; there the guys were, just like me; willing to go to any lengths to stay clean and sober! I was able to share about my experience. What ended up happening in the evening for my Halloween? Went over to Target, bought bodywash and dishwashing liquid... Then I walked home on Santa Monica Blvd. as I watched a parade of jammed cars trying to get as near to one of the largest halloween celebrations in the world. Over 100,000 people were reported to show for the festivities... what did I do? I took a right on my street and walked home... What proceeded for this crazy addict? Normality: laundry... cooked a meal for myself for the next two days... Picked up my room... Had dinner and that pretty much took me til 11 PM.. Now that is with the extra hour added on from Daylights Saving's Time ending.

That is the beauty of recovery. I get to do normal things... After a normal productive day, I get to lay my head down on my pillow feeling tired from a productive day and not one of wreckage. I get to feel good about not having done something destructive to myself and to another party. I really give thanks for that!!!

I have 3 sponsees... These are the people that I am helping guide through the 12 steps as well as share my experience strength and hope with them! Who would ever think (certainly not me a year or so ago) that someone like me would offer some hope to another person in recovery!

Ok.. I have to start assisting in the shut-down process of the clinic. I really move into gratitude taht I haven't had the craving to use drugs.... I have thoughts every now and then, such things are a part of the mind of an addict..... I just don't have to act on it!

I am thankful... Thank you all for your support, thoughts and prayers...

With deep gratitude,

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home