Tuesday, September 28, 2004

HIGH TOLERANCE FOR PAIN = HIGH RESISTANCE TO CHANGE

Sorry I have not blogged in awhile... Reason being? I am CRAZY BUSY at work, which is the only place that I have easy access to the internet. I have been doing well. I just wanted to pop myself in here and let you folks know I am still here! :-)

My biggest highlights from yesterday = getting my lab results back = cd4 = 599!!! That is a jump from 439 last month, which is already really good!!! My viral load is at 381; just a "blip" as my Doctor said. I am very thankful for that! I have been on new meds since a month ago. I am very very thankful that they continue to work for me! Yayee!!! Hopefully they will work for a long time to come.

The other highlight from yesterday is more annoying... My roomie tried to talk about recovery with me. Yes I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why would one want to make commentary on something that they are not directly experiencing? All they have is speculation and opinions. What do I have? Experience? What do my fellow recovering associates have? The living experience that compels each of us to appreciate and embrace what we have. It really makes sense when I say it's a good thing you don't understand where I am. There is a saying in the rooms, "if you recognize it, you got it!" So, if one understands and appreciates recovery, then you must belong!!! I was a bit annoyed by his remarks and opinions of what recovery "should" be. Anyway, as I was saying last night, if it works for you, then I am in full support of it, whatever shape or form that takes place. I am entitled to an opinion as all the other people I am surrounded by. These experiences give me perspective.

I give thanks for that... Anyway, life has been full and eventful... I am about to secure and have a bed moved into my room in Hollywood this weekend. Thank you Mom for your help!!!

Thankfully,

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home