Sunday, June 13, 2004

MAMMA MIA!!!

Mamma Mia, what a weekend!! Time is about 8:30 PM Sunday evening, June 13, 2004. I haven't logged in a few days because I have been out and about and busy with life! Wow! This is amazing! Life is full... So, what has been going on? I don't even remember when the last time I logged on was. What I do remember is being busy from Wednesay on through today! Wow! So, I will give you folks and myself a 15 minute blurb! My daily tenth step times 3-4 days. Thursday evening I was of service and did my secretary work at the meeting. It was a busy day. I am noticing myself having a much more difficult time with waking up in the morning. My hypochondriac head wants to tell me that I may have Hep from my encounter with that other person. I have been vaccinated, but that still doesn't take my head from thinking that my body didn't take on and build the immunity! Argh... Anyway... Thursday evening I went to sleep... And basically had a very mellow Friday... I really have been neglecting myself with shower and brushing because of just not feeling like it or not giving myself enough time to do those very self caring activities. I went to work on the crazy Friday! I went to lunch with my co-worker and friend "C" and her co-workers "E" and "J." It was pleasant. "C" treated me to a very inexpensive but deliciously prepared Thai lunch. I had a garlic and peppered beef plate with broccoli and steamed rice! YUM!!!! I was soooo filled up. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon working and got home by about 6-7 PM. Upon getting home I didn't have much plans except for hanging around the house. I had told my mom that I was coming over to visit with her in the evening, but I was responsible enough to call and inform her that I won't be available until Saturday. Oh yeah, by the day, I picked up another sponsee! Wow!!! I am really humbled and honored once again. My friend in my sober living reminded me that being a sponsor does not mean that I am responsible for keeping my sponsee clean and sober... I am just there to offer support and do God's work in delivering the message that one can stay clean and sober one day at a time!!! That I have a fat ego if I believe that I have sooo much power as to have a person's life in my hands... I don't. I am just a servant doing my part in being of service and also appreciating the fact that my sponsee is keeping me clean and sober! So, there, I was humbled and reminded by yet another sober member in the program! Yayee!!! Thanks "S!"

I spent the night with my friend "B." It was interesting and a learning experience with myself. My sponsor "D" says it perfectly when he tells me that improve a little more each day with going out with people that I like and want to and set more boundaries with what I like to do and don't. I did a pretty good job communicating with him where I was and was respected. There were a couple hitches that I really didn't know how to communicate. Suffice it to say, I am a stickler about being clean and sanitary and just bug free. I realize those are personal things that I like and different people have different degrees of what is clean and what is not! Anyway, I really do like "B" and his company. There are just some things that make the whole package unacceptable. I must be honest about communicating that!

Anyway, Saturday I spent the morning with "B" (I did spend the night with him). We had breakfast and went to buy tickets for the Hollywood Bowl. Thereafter, I took the train down to visit with my family in Bellflower. I basically ate and napped until I had to leave with my sister about 4:30 PM. We got to my sober living where I packed my clothes and stuff to spend the night back home in Bellflower. We jammed out and got to the Pantages theater by about 7:40 PM to wait for Mamma Mia to begin! Yeah that was sooo much fun!!! Judy really enjoyed it. I am sooo glad! The seating was not bad, but certainly not worth the $160.00 that I paid for the tickets! OUCH! Haha, for my family, I'd give them my worldly belongings!

Show got out by 10:00 PM We were on the train to the sober living to pick up my back pack and then made out trek back home to Bellflower on the train... Patience is a key element in public transportation! Because, we got home about 12:45 AM in the morning... I prayed and was answered that we'd make it home to the station where Mom was to pick us up before the last train ran. Phew! Got to sleep shortly after 1 AM

Woke up Sunday, and went back to sleep in the comforting confines of the home I've spent 24 years growing up in... It was nice.. Finally got up when Mom came home about 12:30 PM. Why was I reluctant to get up? Because dad was making all kinds of racket asking to bev suctioned and all... Sigh... I ate and went back to sleep again til 4:30 PM. That is when I finally got up and went to Target with Mom to buy some laundry detergent then back home for yet another filling meal of squash soup, sweet chinese links, and steamed rice! YUM!! Boy do I miss Mom's healthy home cooking!!! It's sooo good for my body! I feel sooo replenished and relaxed after my stay at Mom's.

I just got home moments ago and basically spent the past 30 minutes chatting with my housemate and trudging friend in sobriety "S", listening to him share about his wonderful weekend! I am sooo glad! Yayee... These are the blessings that come with sobriety. I give thanks...

Tonight I have much laundry to do and a lot of "to do" things that need to be addressed to fine tune and just make my life a bit more smooth and less bumpy! It's the action and not the plans that I make up to improve life... From action comes consequences!

Best of luck to me... I love you all and thank you for your support and prayers... Here is to another day clean and sober!

Cheers!

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home