Monday, May 03, 2004

Hello all! It's 4 PM. I am 1 1/2 away from the end of my first work day at my new job. How do I feel? At home... At ease... Among "family" members... It's nice! It feels really really right!!! It's been a fairly easy day considering I am just being introduced and broken into the department.

How do I feel overall? Man oh man! Well, suffice it to say, from yesterday on, I heard gun shots fired around the corner from the house I am staying at... I find out that I am living in crossfire zone between two rivaling gangs! Apparently, the violence has stepped up and they have gotten more aggressive in attempts to eradicate each other from existence. The weather is blistering hot by the way! It was about 105 yesterday. This morning I wake up to my friend and counselor from my former recovery house. I got his contact information; he is leaving town back home to reunite with his family. I then hear that a staff member in the house that I am very close to has relapsed! Ouch!!! That really hurt! I don't know what to do! To call or what? I want to be in the most supportive position for that individual! Sigh... I am sooo darn baffled. Guess I should be!!! If I understood, I would be out there among the madness. I will pray and take the lesson they have taught me and recommit to double up my efforts to work my recovery!

Today, the temperature has topped 105 degrees! Phew!!! Hot stuff!!! Here is the beauty of it all... I am barely breaking a sweat and my other colleagues are complaining about being hot. Cool beans... I remember one point earlier in the year when I was sweating in warm or cold weather because my body had not readjusted to normalcy. Yayee!!! Yet another sign that I am recovering physically one day at a time.

Gotta get back to work fellas... Give thanks for the blessings we have today!

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home