Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Time is about 11:44 PM on Tuesday night, April 27, 2004. I can’t believe what just happened today!!! I can’t believe what happened this evening I mean! I got to see Mamma Mia for free!!! Haha… I am not sure whether I was being that irresponsible or not, but come on… who would pass up the opportunity to go see a musical?? The price I had to pay? I missed my therapy appointment.

So, what all happened today? I finished all my work efficiently and perhaps too efficiently yet again… I gotta learn to pace myself a little better. I did a better job of doing it… I got the preliminary interview taken care of… I actually teared up a little from just really feeling appreciation for organizations that help people like me who live with HIV. I really meant what I said about wanting to be a part of an organization and being able to recontribute back to what has been given to me in saving and maintaining the quality of my life. I was able to update all my resume, cover letter, fax cover, and employment information ready for yet another job hunt. I have my BIG interview with the person I would be serving under this upcoming Thursday. Pray for me all. I put it in God’s hand to guide me wherever IT sees fit for me to be. Anyway but my way.

I came home from work by 6 PM. I was really tired. I took a 30 minute nap and by 7:15 PM dragged my but up to go to my therapy appointment at 8 PM. While I was waiting at the train stop; I ran into some “touristy” looking folk who seemed lost and very excited about the prospects of being on a subway train… How cute! I asked where they were headed and heard that they were looking for the Hollywood/Vine train stop… I immediately thought of the Pantages Theater and Mamma Mia popped into my head and came out of my mouth. The ladies were going to exactly that. I shared with them how much I have been wanting to see that and have plans to possibly go and buy tickets to see it. Oh yeah, just before the train stop, I had stopped to buy some oranges and peaches (so I am holding two bags full of fruit). Well, one of the ladies just told me to come along and go with them; they wanted me to be spontaneous, but hell if only they knew I had spent my last two bucks in my pocket to buy the fruit in my hands.

Well, I’ll be darned, they meant to invite me to go with them because they had an extra ticket to the show that nobody had taken. I didn’t think too long about taking them up on their offer. I still didn’t quite know what to think! I was certainly willing to pay for the ticket. I also had a commitment to go to my appointment in 20 minutes for therapy. I did make the phone call in an effort to reach the mental health department to reschedule, but I couldn’t get through for one reason or another. It wouldn’t allow my phone to dial that number. I just let it be… I went in my jean shorts, tennis shoes, red tank top and a loose button plaid shirt.. oh yeah, don’t forget my bags of fruit! Just like a true native LA guy! LOL… Anyway, I got to see the show!!! What a show!!!!! I mean WHAT A SHOW!!! I was totally mesmerized by the spectacular color, and angelic voices being projected from the stage… They took songs from ABBA that I knew and arranged them into a story that I greatly appreciated… It depicted the worries of a daughter who needed her mothers approval and a mother’s strife in raising a child while finding happiness within herself. It depicted the confusion about life and the unknowns of the future and possibly taking steps in life that one may not have taken a second or third look at before acting on that “sound decision” made… Oh boy were the guys hot!!!! Grrr!!!!!

I even got to catch a glimpse of the stars up close and personal because they were holding baskets after the show asking for donations; funds that go directly to assisting people who are “suffering” from AIDS. Wow, that really hit home. Yet another effort to help people like me live a better quality life… I am sooo blessed; to witness the act of others accepting donations on my behalf and those like myself is truly heartfelt!

Ok, it’s past my bed time… I just needed to spit that little blurb about the funny things that happen in life… So, I acted, and now I have to face the consequences… Am I ok with it at the end of the day. Right now? I truly felt it was well worth it! I will get to see the therapist again next week. I will make amends about not being able to inform them and rescheduling, but I was powerless over the results… I did do the footwork though…

G’nite all… I am blessed!!!!!

“Seventeen… young and sweet… look at the dancing queen…. “

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home