Thursday, May 06, 2004

Good evening all! It's late at night right now, but I feel oh sooo good! I got to work early enough and took care of business and learned what I needed to learn! The work environment I am in is severely limited in resources, but I am more than willing to contribute to a non-profit organization and help it along in a time when the budget is very very tight! I am gonna even buy my own calculator! Phew! Anyway, What else... I just had an amazing day at work. It was just there, but somehow through it all, I was able to just stay in serenity and not freak out over it all.

After work, I immediately went home and got home by 6:15 PM. I got a phone call from my friend "D" who asked if I wanted a ride to a meeting tonight. This gave me time to shower and wind down and chat with my roomie a bit before getting all ready for the meeting. I was in a comfy red ribbed tank top, sheer capri shorts and just flip flops that I got as a treat for myself from Gap from this past weekend! :-) I went to the meeting and just prayed for the opportunity to share. I got to share 2nd from last. Boy am I thankful! I am less than 14 days away from my 1 year birthday. I need to start lining up people for my taking birthday cakes at meetings. Anyway, the speaker totally rocked... I was able to relate to a lot of what he was talking about regarding just using dope to fix and accentuate my sex life etc... It wasn't just major problems, but the problem of using drugs did become a problem in itself! He did it!!! Then after the meeting, I went with my friend to a very cool diner and ate fried calimari and vanilla ice cream waffle dessert... It was sooo yummy... I got to order what I wanted to eat and just have a good time with good company and just laugh and have fun! I saw some of the people I came into recovery with take birthday cakes. That was oh sooo exciting to see. One even had a mother who was there to support her son and was in the program herself! Cool beans!!!

Anyway, I look forward to a good casual friday at work. I give thanks to my higher power more than just the gift of sobriety and clean time just for today, but the ability to enjoy a life of fun, smiles, good food, and good times spent outdoors! Yayee!!

Thank you!!!! I am gonna go to sleep and appreciate this evening! Just because I have been willing to stay in the moment and do the footwork and not trip on the results of how and when I am gonna get something... somehow and someway, it works itself out!

Peace out!

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home