Sunday, October 22, 2006

BASIC II TRAINING OF COUNSELORS!



THE BASIC I TRAINING TEAM REUNITES FOR BASIC II TRAINING!!! Front from left to right = Quoc, Myrnelle, & Tanya... Back from left to right = Ed & Tim.



The Basic I Team on casual Friday... Above from left to right = Myrnelle, Quoc, Ed, Tanya, & Tim.

I am excited to announce that tomorrow, Monday, October 23, 2006, AHF's Training Team will host its first ever Basic II training of HIV Testing Counselors. We are privileged to have Ed Wolf grace us with his presence again in observing and coaching us as we facilitate the intensive two day training to new counselors. We have a whopping 16 counselor attendance signed up.

The very same team did our world premiere in the month of July 2006 facilitating the first ever Basic I training at the historical former Chris Brownie Hospice Facility where over 1500 people died in peace and with dignity and in the serenity and care of the AHF hospice staff. Currently, AHF's Prevention & Testing Department resides in this very facility promoting and advocating HIV prevention, testing & education.

I am proud to be a part of this incredibly talented team. Go AHF PREVENTION & TESTING PROGRAMS...

On a personal note, I am trying to find balance as I am busier than ever managing my two programs. I am honored to be given the responsibilities of the two largest testing programs in the Department. Alas, the consequences are that I am being pushed to the very limit of my work output capacity!!! For example, tomorrow, I start at 8A and will be training til 5P; then I will be heading to the Men's Wellness Center to work til 9:30P; then I get to start all over again the next day for the final full day of Basic II training. I have yet to screen and interview candidates for the two part-time open positions I have for programs to relieve me of extra work! I have yet to create the November monthly schedule for my programs. I have yet to complete development of the STD reports for submission to our funders... I have yet to complete a marketing proposal for the Men's Wellness Center to improve client participation... These are just a few of the things I have to do!!!

What I get to do is one thing at a time and do my best. Unfortunately, I feel as if everything that is on my plate must be completed by yesterday or last week. As a matter of fact, some of these projects are severely overdue!

Set aside work, and I have plenty of recovery work to do... I have to do some cleaning up of my 8th step in preparation to meet with my sponsor to launch into my 9th step. I have the relapse prevention workbook to do. I have yet to complete setting up my home for guest and visitors... I would like to invite friends over for movie nights and intimate social gatherings. I have a lot of reading to do: Harry Potter, Mitch Albom's newest book, other spiritual books, a couple management books... Oh yeah, I owe myself a grip load of R&R (rest & relaxation) time!!! All this balanced with 5 - 6 meetings a week!!!

My life is sooooo full... I am barely hanging on by my toe-nails... I literally have just enough time and just enough money to get by with everything. I ask for God's help in managing everything and finding balance with taking care of the things taht matter the most and the priorities that are most pressing and to have soundness of judgement to identify and address these priorities. I ask God for help in maintaining a good attitude when I go to work and GET TO (not have to) be of service to people, help save lives and get paid for it. I ask God for help in being true to myself, my decisions and my actions in doing enough to maintain my RECOVERY FIRST, MY HEALTH, MY RELATIONSHIPS WITH THOSE I LOVE, AND THEN WORK.

Life is full!!! Gotta finish getting ready for the modules I will be teaching tomorrow. Sorry if I haven't stayed in touch or have seemed fleeting. Hope this blog provided you with a little insight on what all has been going on and why I have been a little scattered!!!

I hope I get to touch bases with all of you... I can't wait to find some time to pause to just enjoy and appreciate the ties and relationships I have with those I love...

Hugs,

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home