Thursday, May 05, 2005

MY FAMILY NEEDS YOUR PRAYER

This is a letter I wrote:

Hello Reverend Kristin,

It's been really nice hearing your voice in the past few days (services on cds). The last one I have been hearing over and over for the past week is the "Dare to Hope." You're the first voice I hear when I wake up and the last thing I hear before I fall asleep. I hope by June 2006 I will have enough saved to get a car and go to those foundational classes and your Sunday services; I trust that God will give me what I need when I need it and ready to receive the gift.

So, I am writing to you because I am in some emotional pain. I am sad, worried, and scared. I have been reaching out for help and have received some support. As you may or may not know, my Father is dying of Lou Gehrig’s disease (Amyotrophic Lateral Scherosis). He is only has some use of his fingers and is able to blink his eyes; he is on a ventilator and g-tube… It’s all very sad… He’s been very blessed to have my Mother care for his needs. Alas, Super Mom is also failing in health. She is suffering from arthritis, and pretty much blind in one eye and may lose vision in her other eye contributed by retinal detachment. Here I am HIV positive, in recovery and learning how to live life all over again. I am very thankful for getting a second chance to live life.

Here is why I am all bent out of shape… This past weekend, my Mother was admitted into the hospital. She is in a lot of pain; there is a mass on her lower left abdomen; the doctor suspects it may be cancer. This was sooo very sudden. I visited with her a couple days ago to hear the very difficult words of a woman who is making preparations just in case she passes away. She told me not to worry about funeral arrangements because she is donating her body to science (she is trying to spare us from having to pay for a funeral). She told me to work out something where Dad will be in nursing care. She told me to care for my baby sister. All this was very very difficult to hear, but as my sponsor shared with me, I should honor what she shares so she knows she has been heard and can focus on getting better.

We are going to find out the results of the biopsy today. I know you are in close contact with God. My connection with him still has some static interference. It’s getting better and better with everyday I work the steps in recovery and practice the traditions and principles of the program. I am less than a month away from celebrating 2 years clean and sober from all mind altering substances. I was wondering if you may add my Mom, Anh to your list of people you pray for. I also remember your mentioning at the end of each service that there are practitioners around to talk to when one is going through a challenging situation in life. I know I don’t have to do this alone… I am wondering if you may have any suggestions to offer in my trudging through this challenging time.

I hope this correspondence finds you in good health and good spirits! Thank you for carrying the message and being a beacon of light in my life. I tend to get lost and I am thankful for those guide posts from God to help me on my way…

With gratitude,

Quoc

1 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, May 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quoc,
Your family is in my prayers.

Lots of Love,
Denise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home