Wednesday, May 25, 2005

LETTER TO A DISAPPOINTED COLLEAGUE

Dear Colleague;

I trust what we perceive to be a set-back (your not getting the job position) is really a blessing in disguise. In trusting my God's time and my God's way, I have been rewarded by just doing my part. I really trust that you're gonna be totally amazed at where you will be if you continue trudging and watching for those God-posts along life.

I know as you and many other Staff (including our boss) that you are one of the hardest working members of this Department. Those things do not go unnoticed, but sometimes without being a "squeaky wheel" as our boss calls it, one doesn't get oiled.

My sponsor shared with me in my efforts to advance within the agency to share how I feel and ask for promotion or even a raise. I know that a happy worker will be more diligent in doing his/her job to the best of his/her ability. So, in owning my part, I would have regretted not having done at least my part and asked for a raise/promotion. The consequences are out of my hands and really in the ones of God (and the supervisors). If they really see how much more it is going to cost having an unhappy employee and risk losing him (I pray that you stay!!!) and having to rehire and retrain someone, they may seriously consider your offer. Alas, I don't know all the factors that are involved with the decisions made by the Powers that be. Timing is everything though.

Anyway, I know I have yammered on enough. I just wanted let you know that you have support and great apprecation for the work that you do! You da' bomb!!! Let me know if there is anything I may do to help.

Regards,

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home