Friday, July 16, 2004

Owning up to my part...

Ok, so this is completely petty, but I am very irked by my supervisor just telling me that my using the cell phone for personal calls has to stop.  Oh my gosh!!!  She does it, the rest of the Staff does it; catch is, doing it discretely and not being caught!  She suggested I do it on my breaks (I rarely take a break beside for lunch) or off the clock.  Anyway, I am a bit sore about this and I am not sure if the suggestion/observation is stemming from just her own experience or from the people that I work with in the office.  She did make the remark after supposedly reading an e-mail on the CPU.
 
Ok, here is the uncomfortable part; the program suggests that if I am to find serenity and stay clean and sober and live and let live, all I need be concerned about is:
 
1) owning my part
 
2) making right whatever has been wronged
 
3) not take the contructive criticism personally especially not take it as an attack to who I am (I made a mistake, I am not a mistake)
 
4) stay in the moment and move on after making right the wrong
 
So, I will take breaks when taking and making personal phone calls or at least be much more discreet about what is being discussed when I am on a personal call and be mindful of who is around me.  I must remember that when I am at work, I am being paid to work and not do personal things. 
 
Yes, I am a true addict/alcoholic to need to address this "simple" matter on a journal!  I am thankful I am willing to address matters as such in efforts to progress towards resolving matters that may be much more challenging in the future to come.
 
Thankfully,
 
Quoc@quoclam.com
 
PS - Brad, this website is rockin' more and more!!!  Don't think I am not noticing the little changes you are making in making life easier for me or allowing me to be much more creative in my journaling process!  I bow to the great webmaster Brad@bradheld.com!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home