Monday, June 28, 2004

I LOVE MY HOME GROUP MEETINGS!!!

Oh yeah! I got another great dose of sobriety and recovery from tonight's wonderful meeting! All the way from the speaker to people with amazing quality time just bouncing off one another with one great piece of experience that each one has to share... It truly lifted me to a whole different planar of appreciation!

So, it's late and I spent the evening chatting with my friend "A" who is trying to get clean and sober... My prayers are with her and everyone else. That actually took a chunk of my time away... I was just nice to come home from a day up early to have my blood drawn for a viral load and then work til 5:30 PM non-stop today! Then off to the meeting right away to do my commitment and be of service and fellowship! Here are some of the things I heard in the meeting that I absolutely love and will incorporate into my daily affirmations!

THE ELEVATOR IS OUT OF ORDER, TAKE THE STEPS.

THE MONKEY IS OFF MY BACK BUT THE CIRCUS IS STILL IN TOWN.

THIS PROGRAM WON'T WORK JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE NEED IT, NOR WANT IT; THEY HAVE TO "DO" IT! ACTION IS THE OPERATIVE TERM!

GOD-CONSCIOUS DOES NOT = SELF CONSCIOUS, UNCONSCIOUS, SEMI-CONSCIOUS, ETC... :-)

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A YOUNG ADDICT, BECAUSE WHEN WE COME INTO THE PROGRAM, WE'VE LIVED AND DIED A THOUSAND TIMES OVER.

INSTEAD OF I HAVE TO... CHANGE THE PHRASE TO "I GET TO"

These are just some of the things I heard that rang out loud and clear! I give thanks for the message from my Higher Power!

God works differently because he doesn't wear a watch...

God works slowly because he/she/it is so old...

Quoc@quoclam.com

PS - I pray for continued willingness to place my 4th step as the number one priority and working the steps and this recovery program as the number one priority over everything and be as hungry for these steps that will save my life!!! I surrender my will and resistance and ideas to resolve my problems with budget, relationships, work, finances, exercising, organizing, and keeping a timely schedule to my HIGHER POWER. It's in HEART TRUTH'S time, not my time... It's my Higher Powers way, not mine... Just get out of self, take the OTHER suggestion and apply it! If that doesn't work, then I can do it my way and be refunded everything at the door anyway!

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, June 28, 2004, Blogger Unknown said...

Best for you as you follow the Program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home