Friday, June 18, 2004

FIRST VISIT WITH ONE OF MY SPONSEE'S

Gosh... I have a lot to go with regards to being a sponsor. My head tells me that I am nothing as a sponsor compared to how my sponsor is with me! I know it is all in my perception and that I am being of service and offering my sponsee some strength, hope and experience. I just do not want to do anything that will be detrimental to my sponsee! I do not want to enable, be manipulated, not be able to interpret what my sponsee is really saying when he shares!

I had a difficult time waking up this morning again... I dragged my lazy butt up and threw on casual clothing (TGIF!!) and headed to work. I got to work with time to buy an extreme carramba from the Coffee Bean. I even got a chance to chat with Eddie the coffee guru there! I worked my butt off at the office multi-tasking all over the place! I ended up working til past 6:30 PM because I really didn't have anything to do afterward. I could've gone to a meeting, but I really wanted to enjoy the evening with my friend "J" and be spontaneous. I did my part and set aside the time to hang out with him. He neither did call or show up... Ah well...

What did I end up doing? First calling the Recovery House where my Sponsee was staying and finding out if there was a meeting so I could visit with him. Then I called him to see what he was up to. I ended up walking over and visiting him since he was just up the street and around the corner! I visited with him from 7-8 PM. I learned some things ab

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home