Sunday, May 16, 2004

Hello all! What a day it's been... What have I been up to? Welp, the time is now 7:44 PM. I just spent the day with my friend "M" who just celebrated a natal birthay! How special was it that I was able to be a part of that! I didn't realize that another old House mate "A" has just turned 47! Ah well, I will celebrate with him another day... I slept in til about 9 or 10 AM... I really did not want to get up out of bed. I really just wanted to spend all day in bed! Yup, withdrawal; it's not like I am not getting enough sleep and all! Anyway, I am glad that I did not cancel on "M" because his sponsor canceled on him. I left more messages on the darn adult line but to no response again... Thankfully... Man, it's scary when I am in self-destructive action! Eek! Not very smart at all! I prayed and showered and cooked breakfast for myself... Then I walked over to my old recovery house and took my friend out at 12 noon... We took the train to Universal Studios... Went and bought cds (my birthday present to him); then to buy the black bracelets; then to lunch at Hard Rock Cafe where we got rock hard over our Server Nic! Whoa, was he a hot number or what! Anyway, It was fun having lunch there... They surprised "M" with a hot fudge birthday sundae... Thereafter we checked out a flick 13 going on 30; it was very Anne of Green Gable ish... 8-) Very wholesome and warm fuzzy! :-) Then homeward bound we went... Back to crack central... Where we knew we were home just by the stench of old urine and other decomposing material simmering on the hot concrete ground... I hung out at the house for a little bit and then came home... It's good to be home... I want to get my check balanced again! I spent a grip of money in the past 3 days! Ouch!!! But again, it was for good cause.... I just have to be much much MUCH more conscienscious about spending in the future to come.

Highlight of the day? What would you do in the following scenario? You are walking down the street to a friends house and come upon a Panhandling man pushing a stroller with a dirty and hungry child. He asks the first passerbyer for change and the guy gives him 50 cents... Then it's your turn...

What did I do? I pull out the first bill that comes out of my wallet and hand him a five dollar bill. Feelings? Well, first of anger that the man is pushing his child around on the dirty streets of a dangerous neighborhood in the sun and elements and not looking for a job or otherwise... Then of sympathy because the child is really right in front of me clearly in need of some assistance...

Sigh... I feel ok because I gave the money hoping that it will be passed down to the child for the food that the Father promised to use the money for.

Anyway, I have much to do before the end of the evening... I will get on my knees and pray for willingness before I start anything!!!

Thankfully,

Quoc

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, May 17, 2004, Blogger 773 Podcast said...

I liked "13 Going on 30" too. Especially when they all did Thriller :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home