Tuesday, January 16, 2007

INTO THE LIGHT...

I was going to name the title of this blog "Out of the Dark," but to stay in the spirit of positive affirmation, I definitely wanted to reframe it as my life moves into the light again...

As my sponsor shares with me, with anything, there is a beginning, middle and end. I certainly went through one of the most challenging times of my new sobriety in the past 1 1/2 month. I am happy to hear that I have not only seen the light at the end of the tunnel, but I am certainly emerging out of the tunnel into the light again.

It was done with:

1) Reaching out and asking for help...
2) Sharing honestly about where I am; being brave enough to share at a group level when I was feeling weak, vulnerable, and F.I.N.E. = F*cked up, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional.
3) Staying clean and sober.
4) Making mistake by trying it my way a little bit by treating my loneliness with isolation.
5) Receiving the love and support that was offered by those that love me.
6) Taking actions that moved me forward and slowly into the light...
7) Trusting my past experience that this too did pass, and this too shall pass...

The highlight of my day, on this MLK B-day:

I got to spend it with my family, Chin, Judy & Micol... We got to go out to lunch and catch up. I find myself needing to connect with my nuclear family on a regular basis... Goodness knows that I haven't seen them in over a month! It was nice to share a meal with them... I got to take my baby sis home to her school.

Too exhausted... I have to continue later...

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home