Saturday, May 22, 2004

HAPPY SATURDAY ALL!!!

Good morning all! I spent the night at a friends place... Ugh, it was a bit exhausting! He smokes, he isn't the most cheery guy, and our personalities conflict, but alas, I make efforts to place principle before personality and do what I would want someone to do for me if I were in a funky space. I feel great to have been of service! I got such a great nights rest too! Cool beans! I just walked in the door of my sober living home; smelling of smoke, haven't showered, cowlicked up hair, and bad breath from not having brushed! I just had 2 cookies and milk for breakfast. I wanna crawl into bed. I am one of those guys who won't feel right until I spend a minimum amount of quality time rested in my own bed each day; just one of my quirky traits I suppose.

So, what has been going on? Well, I've stopped counting the number of days clean and sober I have again. I will be going back to just counting them when I need to which is for the Monday night meetings which has a tradition of going around the room and each person stating their name, disease, and amount of sobriety. So, I have 368 days clean and sober! Wahoo! I am out of my funk... I still want sex, but I don't have the burning urge to go and act out! It's just another thought now... Yayee! I was offered last evening and I turned it down! Cool beans! Thank you page 69 in Miss Big Book!

I went to a new meeting at the West Hollywood Recovery Center last night. It was cool to see people with time!!! The speaker for the meeting so happen to be one of the first speakers I heard in the first week of my sobriety when I went to the convention with my first recovery house! Wow!!! It's been a year! How time flies! Are circumstances different!

I took time to walk around the West Hollywood area; so many beautifully fit people. Gym bunnies all over the place! LOL... Boy were they fun to look at; I kept my mission to finding a meeting and getting referrals to other good meetings. I met a guy on the bus who gave me a good recommendation to a very very very very VERY ORTHODOXED hardcore meeting. I can't wait to visit that one in the future!

Work was great! I am really starting to feel what my predecessor means by getting bombarded with work from all sides of the cubicle around me. I kept up and with a smile! I know that all I can do is my best and the maximum human capacity is all I can ever expect to put out... So, where ever I am with my work projects is exactly where I am and that is ok with me eventhough other's may get impatient, which they haven't yet! My co-workers and supervisors have been nothing but graciously thankful for my presence within the organization! I am sooo very greatful to have the opportunity to do something amazing like this! One of my co-workers "Je" shared with me that he sees a lot of potential within me... He just senses that there are great things to come of me in the future to come. That is if I am able to stay in the moment, place my recovery first, take care of me, love me, give thanks to and for me, and then just do whatever is in front of me.

I am not sure if I mentioned, I finally took the time to treat myself a couple days ago and treat myself to what I've been wanting to buy for a darn long time! I've been treating other people for their birthday as well as other newcomers by helping them out financially and when they are hungry to buy food for them. I forgot about one very important addict! Me!!!! I need some TLC for myself as well and GUESS WHO IS THE BEST PERSON THAT IS MOST ABLE TO DO THAT JOB? ME!!! haha... I went and bought the Monsters Inc. movie DVD! I also bought the DVD for What Lies Beneath, Queens of Comedy, and Requiem for a Dream.... These I got from Amoeba records for great prices!!! Yayee!!!

I have pretty much exhausted my funds. I also purchased 2 coupons for a full spa treatment! I am certainly going to use one of them. I've never done anything like this before. I don't know who I am going to bring with me for this lovely treat.. Mom perhaps? I dunno, maybe my sister Chin? Perhaps my new and wonderful friend "A." I dunno yet! The value of each coupon is $500 worth of services! I spent $200 on both coupons! LOL! Talk about treating myself...

So, I think I better do a better job with prioritizing where my money needs to go first and foremost before where I would like to treat myself to!

Ok, I have been journalizing but just on pen and paper because I've been getting home so late each evening from a dreadful Thursday evening from my meds and also a meeting that went til 10 PM, or last night when I spent the evening at my friends. I am glad to be back on the BLOG! I missed writing and sharing my sentiments...

I am still frustrated about my 15 minutes or less auto-fellatio sessions! Nothing like drugs to make it last for days! Sigh, but then what are the consequences aye? I won't mind if my Higher Power were to bless me with someone that I am really attracted to have a fun intimate evening with! But I trust and place that in G.O.D.'s hands and in it's time frame!

I give thanks that I GET the chance to do a lot of things today; NOT "HAVE TO" but "GET TO" do... Because not all of us get another day just to enjoy or destroy! Today, I give thanks for those people who support me and give me the wisdom to live and appreciate one day at a time, everyday.

Peace out,

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home