Saturday, May 22, 2004

BIRTHDAY CAKE GIVEN BY MY SISTER CHIN!!

Good evening all... How do I feel? Wonderful!!! My day started off with coming home to clean myself up for my visit at my old recovery house. I went over to pick up the remainder of my graduation check. I also went to the support group held at the house. I heard some really great messages! I also stayed to watch the DVDs that I purchased for myself a couple days ago... I got a chance to watch Monsters Inc. I also got to enjoy some of Queens of Comedy with the boys while they were having dinner. I stayed until after 6 PM before I finally, but reluctantly left! I really miss the house! It's no longer the same house anymore though.

I walked back home to the house and basically waited for my sis. I took a nap until 7 PM before she called to let me know that she was at the front gate and ready to take me to the Hollywood Squares meeting. We got there by 7:30 PM. The meeting was due to start at 8:30 PM. I got to visit with a lot of people... I am glad that I got to reach out and say hello to some. I asked "J" a newcomer, my sis' Chin (family member), "D" someone with time, and "T" the last guy who gave me a couch commitment before I went into the 2nd recovery house! That meant a great deal to me! I was sooo nervous standing in front of so many people, but I basically shared from my heart. I opened my heart so that my higher power could speak through me... It did... :-) I forgot to thank my cake givers, but they were wonderful in doing so!

Stayed the remainder of the meeting and then took a ride home from my sister. So, it's still early... This means I can work on stuff... My roomie is not home; he went away for the weekend. I hope he's having fun and staying safe and out of harms way.

I give thanks for today's sobriety and the gift of sharing my birthday with sooo many people who love and support me one day at a time!

So, I gotta do my bills, laundry, and unpack yet another box tonight... It will be a good evening... It is a choice I make; thank you for all your support everyone!!!

Here's to one more day! I "GET TO" enjoy life!!!

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home