Monday, October 24, 2005

CLOSE FRIEND DIES...

It is with a heavy heart that I ask you to please take a moment of silent meditation for the loss of yet another friend... I am still in shock... I just found out last night... These past months have been riddled with one death after another... First my Mom of cancer about 4 months ago, then Dalton via suicide, then Joey from a heart attack, and now Roland who died doing an intervention on his alcoholic father.

This one really hits home because he is someone I adore and love as another brother of the fellowship. Roland had just turned 1 year sober a week ago... I had the privilege of seeing him 3 times in the past week taking cakes for this huge accomplishment... I have known this man since he was a newcomer. He has been nothing but sweet, willing, of service, and a great extension of what God has intended for us to be... loving, compassionate, tolerant, merciful, and patient. I will miss hugging him at the Friday night meetings. I will miss his phone calls and having the privilege of calling him to tell him I love him and how much I apreciate his love and support. I never even took a picture of him or with him because I didn't think I needed to have a picture of him to remember him by... I either saw or spoke to him no less than once a week!

I lit a candle last night... prayed for Roland and his Father... I took a few moments to just realize how precious and fleeting life is... It can come and go at any given moment...

I am still trying to understand death and why people go when they go. Guess that is not my job... My job is to live my life and trust that there is a rhyme and reason in God's plan that is beyond my understanding. I was told that I may never understand why... My heart aches right now and I have not really taken in the news. I don't know when it will come, if it will come... I am sure it will... All I know is that my heart and the rooms of recovery are a little more empty from the loss of yet another loving and sober member.

Roland, you may have passed, but your legacy lives on forever in the hearts and lives of those you have touched... one of those blessed ones being me. I am honored to have been your friend and pray that you find peace and a greater purpose in God's world.

Deep condolences to the family members, loved ones and partner of Roland,

Quoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home