Tuesday, August 10, 2004

EVENING AT HOME...

I feel bummed right now. What all happened today? Well, just feeling listless... Work came and went. I paid for a lot of the expenditures for this month's Staff birthday luncheon. It's my birthday; they don't even know about it... It is a nice thing I did for them just because. It's a way to celebrate the blessings of having a belly button birthday come up!!! Anyway, I went home right after work. I was tired! I got home and showered and got ready to go to my therapy appointment. By 6:45 PM I had some time left and ended up putting on Star Trek Voyager and then decided to call my Therapist and cancel on tonight's appointment... I watched t.v. until 10 PM. It was alright... I made some noodle dinner for myself. Then all of a sudden, I am feeling lonely and listless... Sigh...

Crazy how I am aye? Thankfully, these lows and highs remind me that I am human... That I have feelings... That life is indeed precious and very fleeting. I must carpe diem! Anyway, I called a few people back. I haven't been answering the phone today at all.. Sigh...

So, passes another day... I made a conscious decision to just take the evening off for myself! That was nice! Now I am learning to just not feel guilty about taking time off for myself. That is just as important as a priority for myself as working the fourth step or doing my chores or scheduling things into my calendar.

I know that I am taken care of! I am thankful for that! I have a very full tomorrow ahead of me. I will be working my regular shift and then volunteering at the Van Ness Recovery House as stand-in staff for the evening from 6 PM - 11:30 PM! I am either going to find a motel to rest in afterward or pay my roomie to pick me up and take me home after my shift is over.

I give thanks for yet another extraordinarily ORDINARY day for an addict like myself who was accustomed to chaos in the mind or physically... Today, my health is good...

I give thanks... I pray for those who return to the rooms to stay this time around... Those who are out there to find whatever they need to bring motivation and incentive to do something to bring about peace of mind in their life as my current process in life has been blessing me with... I just give thanks...

Thankfully,

Quoc@quoclam.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home